Are you facing issues in the play store or you can’t download any apps from play store. These problems are common and are faced by many android users. Well, you don’t need to worry but there is no one solution for this because there are various reasons why you are unable to download any app or game on your phone.
Without wasting any of your time now let’s see all ways you can resolve this download error pending download issue.
Solution for downloading apps from Play store
Clear cache and clear data of the Play store
- Go to the settings app of your android device.
- Search for Apps manager or Apps & Notifications.
- Then search for Google Play store in the list.
- Then open storage and tap clear cache.
- And then tap clear data option.
- Now go back to Play store and again try to download the app.
Check for Pending downloads in the Play store
- Open the Play store app.
- Go to the sidebar by tapping three grids on the top left corner.
- Tap on My apps and games.
- Go to the updates section
- Check for pending and ongoing updates and cancel all
- Now try downloading the app you want.
Turn-off Auto Updates
Well if you have a pending download issue you will need to turn off auto updates after clearing the updating section of the playstore. To turn of auto updates Go to play store>top left grid>settings and then turn off auto updates.
Check if you have enough storage space
One of the reasons you are unable to download any app from the Play store is that you do not have enough storage. To solve this issue
- Go to Settings>storage or open your file manager
- If you see there is not enough space then remove some unwanted files and apps.
- Go to play store and try your download again
Check for problems with your SD card
Sometimes there are technical issues with the SD card or your SD card gets corrupted. And if your download location is on SD card then you may experience some problems while downloading apps from play store. To solve this SD card problem
- Remove your SD card from your device.
- Clean the SD card with a soft cotton cloth.
- Clean the SD card slot with a hairdryer to remove any dust.
- Insert SD card back into your device.
- Restart your device.
- Go to Play Store and try downloading the app again.
Note: if your SD card is corrupted you can delete all data from SD card or go to a nearby technician to recover your data.
Check your internet connection
The problem can be with your internet connection. If you are using a wifi connection then try restarting your wifi and check if it is working properly. If you are on mobile data then turn on airplane mode and then turn it off, this will refresh your connection. If you are not able to open any website or browse the internet then it’s better to contact your service provider.
Check for problems in Downloads Manager
Errors may occur if your download manager has any problems. There are several things you can do about this.
- Go to Settings > Apps Manager
- Search for download manager.
- Go to storage and then tap Clear cache
- Then Tap on Clear data option.
- Now visit Play Store and try downloading your app again.
Switching between Google accounts
There can also be any problem with the configuration of your google accounts. So if you have more than one google account then try switching between then and then try downloading the app again.
Removing your Google account and adding it again
To remove your google account
- Go to settings>accounts
- Then tap Google accounts
- Tap the account you want to remove
- Now add that account again
- Try downloading your app
Clearing cache and data of Google Play Services
To clear cache and data of google play services
- Go to the settings app of your phone
- Go to apps and notifications or apps manager
- Now look for Google Play services
- Tap on storage>clear data
- Now go back to the play store and download the app
Updating your Android system
To update your android system
- Go to settings
- tap on About phone>system updates
- If there is an update available then complete that update
Uninstalling Play Store Updates
There may be a problem with your play store recent update which can cause this error so to resove this
- Go to the settings app
- Go to apps manager
- Search for Google play store and then tap uninstall updates.
This will solve the problem for many people as most of the bugs comes with an update.
Use a VPN
If you think the problem is only with a particular app then try using a VPN, and if you are successful in downloading it through a VPN and the app is available in your country then the problem is with your ISP. Contact your ISP to resolve this issue.
Force Stop Google Play store
To force stop googe play store go to Settings>Apps>Google Play Store>Force Stop
Restarting your device
Well this problem mainly occurs with an old or a very new device as it can have minor software glitches. Well this can be solved by rebooting your device. To reboot your device hold the power button for a few seconds then click on rebeoot.
Tried all of this and still the problem persist? So the last option is to contact google play support. They will help you in finding the root of the problem and resolving it.
Sometimes this errors go by their own so it is better to wait one or two days if you cannot solve it by yourself.
Well, these were some of the ways we found which you can implement if you can’t download apps from play store. If you have found any other way which solve this problem then do mention it in comments so it will be also helpful for others too.
Gourang Parekh is the founder of serinose, who is a gamer, aspiring actor, and a former e-sports organizer and a tech savvy. He is also a big fan of Cricket and his favorite batsman is Rohit Sharma.